Waste management has gained immense popularity in the recent times; landfill waste is no joke, especially now that we know about all the ugly things we have started facing (and the things our kids and the future generation will face) because of landfill waste. It is not something that can be overlooked upon. I don’t expect you to run behind everyone and tell them how to manage waste or share the ill effects of landfill waste with them; start doing your bit.
Here are the 7 easy ways for you to save things from landfill:
- Recycle, instead of dumping things: Don’t keep dumping things just because you have bought new ones; use them as much as you can. There are ways in which you can recycle every little thing that you have to go ahead and do it.
- Donate, instead of burning your old stuff: Burning causes different kinds of pollution so please don’t burn your junk. Instead, donate the good things so that they can be used by the ones who need them.
- Learn about companies like Junk Holler: Junk Holler is an amazing company for all those who wish to get rid of their junk in the correct way. They don’t believe in dumping the good things you label as junk; they make sure to clean it, make it usable and donate it as well. If you want to do a few good deeds instead of getting into the bad karma of landfill waste, call Junk Holler RIGHT AWAY!
- Reduce, if not stop, food wastage: Food wastage leads to landfill waste. Don’t get into wastage of food; cook as much as you wish to eat and fill your plate with as much hunger as you have in your belly. Don’t throw the food away.
- Instead of throwing away the food, keep the leftovers for next day: Refrigerate the leftover food so that you can eat it the very next day. If you live in a cold country, you can surely refrigerate the food for a longer period of time.
- Do not use plastic water bottles: Plastic water bottles can cause a lot of problems to the environment; if you are a plastic bottle lover, get rid of it.
- Don’t buy things that you don’t need: Buy things that you need and wish to use for a longer period of time so that you don’t have a lot of junk in future.