I don’t know how many times you clean your closet, but I do it at least once a month. The
problem with cleaning is that you not only get tired by the end of the day, but also feel sick
to look at the pile of old clothes.
But don’t let the pile scare you; here’s a bunch of things that you can do with all of your old
Ideas for old Clothes
1) Give them to the homeless: Put the clothes in a bag, walk down the street and give
the bag to the ones that need what you don’t, anymore.
2) Donate them to orphanages: If you have an orphanage in your area, the best thing to
do is to carry all the clothes and donate them there. You can always add a few new
clothes as well.
3) Give a few clothes to your kids so that they can use them for cleaning: If you have
kids at home, they would need old clothes to clean their paint brushes and do other
stuff. Let them have a few of your old clothes.
4) Call a professional company and give them away: Companies like Junk Holler take all
the clothes that you wish to give away. They do the good deeds on behalf of you by
donating your old stuff to those who need it.
5) Use them for sweeping the floor: Use a few of your old clothes to sweep your floor.
6) Use them to clean the cabinets: You can always use the old clothes to clean your
cabinets or other such stuff at home.
7) Make pillows out of your old clothes: There are DO IT YOURSELF videos that teach you
how to transform your old clothes into pillows.
8) Ask your friends if they need a few of your clothes: You can exchange a few clothes
with your friends as well.
Construction clean up is the last part of any remodeling or new construction job and should not be overlooked.
As you know, among contractors, labor is typically their highest cost. So how could you make the mistake in hiring your roofers, carpenters, or plumbers to do your construction clean up for you? Not only will it cost you more, but they are not equipped to make your new place look as good as it should.
Then there’s only one thing that you can do – hire a professional firm that comes with a professional team for your construction cleanup needs.
Top 6 Benefits of Hiring a Professional Construction Cleanup Company
- Professional company has a team that does everything for you: No matter what kind of a company you hire, it always brings a team to give all the work that you are looking for. Since it is a team effort, the job gets done quickly and easily.
- Such a company knows what to do with the junk that you have in front of your well constructed building: You may not have an idea about how to dispose the junk that you have in front of your brand new building, but the professional company does.
- Such a company is affordable and hence, you don’t need to be worried about paying a lot of money to hire its team: You don’t need to pay a lot of money to such a company, despite its professionalism.
- Such a company doesn’t need any guidance from your end: You don’t have to guide the company; the team knows how to work for your construction cleanup needs.
- A professional company is trusted by everybody: All the companies in the market hire professional cleanup companies because they trust in their work.
- Simply because such a company is professional and knows what you need: A professional company doesn’t make you wait, reaches in time and does its work just the way it is expected to. It meets all of your expectations.
Top 5 Couch Removal Tips for You!
It doesn’t matter if you are moving to another location, renovating your home or have recently shifted to a full-furnished house, if there is this one couch that has been a disturbance in the appearance of your house, you have got to find ways to take it out and get some more free space in the room. No doubt a couch is a wonderful part of your interiors, but if it is old and squeaky, you might want to have it taken out of the house or replaced by a new one.
Couch Disposal – Practical Ideas…
- Hire a professional company: There are amazing couch removal companies that drop into your house with a huge team and help you get rid of your old couch or other stuff as well. Learn about such companies, make a list, talk to them and choose the best one from the list for your couch removal needs. There is nothing better than having a professional team doing the job for you in an efficient way.
- Talk to your friends and find out if someone wishes to buy a used item: If your couch can still be used, call up all your friends and let them know you are selling it off. Click pictures, add a description and circulate the message in different groups so that if there is someone who wishes to buy your used couch, he can do it.
- Find out if you can donate your old stuff to the homeless or charity institutes: If you have an old couch and you think it can still be used, talk to charity institutes or homeless individuals; if there is a way in which it can be used to help you earn good deeds, go ahead and do it. Companies like Junk Holler donate good stuff to different charity institutes.
- Put your old couch on e-stores that are designed to sell used items: Yes – there are e-stores that sell used items. Find out if you get a few buyers for your old sofa.
- Is there a way in which you can dismantle the sofa and store it in the basement? The best way to have a couch removed is by hiring a professional company; until then, find a way to dismantle the couch and keep it in the storeroom of your house. You can also put it in the basement so that the team members can come and take it out of your house, whenever they are hired.
Moving? Here are A Few Amazing Ways to get Rid of Junk
When you move, even the ‘once upon a time’ good things turn out to be junk for you; no matter what kind of things you have, you need to get rid of a few of them so that you can have enough space for brand new things in your new house.
The worst thing about moving to another house is that you can’t take a lot of the stuff you have in your old house and it stresses you the most. But don’t you worry…
Get rid of junk, 7 great ideas
- Host a garage sale: Got a garage in the old house? Want to make some money to buy new stuff for your new house? Ever heard of a garage sale? Then stop reading this and prepare everything for a nice one-day garage sale!
- Talk to a professional company that’s into junk removal: Before you choose any company from the list, make sure it has a professional team and a good reputation in the market. Don’t settle for an unprofessional company. Always go for a company that’s as popular as Junk Holler.
- Ask your friends if they need something from your old stuff (nobody dislikes free things): You don’t have to sell things to your friends; give them your old, but useful, stuff for free. Make a list of all the good things you want to label as junk and let your friends know you are giving away those things for free.
- Have a word with the local church or orphanage in your area: Talk to the management team of the Church or a local orphanage and let the members know you have a few good things you wish to donate. Such communities are always open to take donation with gratitude.
- Host a charity sale: Don’t want to earn money from your old stuff? Then do a good deed; host a sale and then give away all the money to the homeless individuals on the roads. You can always let people know they’re doing a good cause so that you have more customers at the sale.
- Use EBAY: Place all your used items on EBay and wait for buyers.
- Simply throw it away in the garbage bin: This is the last thing you can do with the junk; call a professional team and have the members throw away the items you don’t need anymore.
We can’t live without having a mattress at home, but there are times when you have to dispose it off for the sake of bringing something new into your bedroom. You are not wrong – I know it feels bad to dispose the old mattress on which you may have slept for so many nights, but for the sake of bringing at least some sort of a change in your life, you have to keep a hold on your emotions and dispose the old mattress off to get a brand new one.
So what do you do with the old mattress?
Here are 5 Easy Mattress Disposal Tips!:
- Find out if the company you purchased the mattress from agrees to take it back: Yes – there are a few companies that take the old mattresses from their old customers and give you a good amount of discount on the new ones. If you want to have the old mattress replaced, talk to the store you had purchased it from and find out what it says.
- Donate it to the hospital: Have you got a local hospital? If yes, you can talk to the management team and let them know you have an old mattress that you wish to donate. Just be sure the mattress is in good condition and is properly cleaned before you donate it to the hospital. This is the most wonderful thing that you can do with any of your old stuffs.
- Talk to recycling centers: There are several companies that are into recycling of old stuff. Use a good search engine and learn about such companies. Hire one of them to have the mattress recycled. In any case, DO NOT burn down the mattress or do something out of the box with it.
- Have a word with companies like Junk Holler: Junk Holler is a reputed company and if you want to have that mattress taken care of, this is the name that you can count on. It has a professional team and every member in the team knows how to take care of all of the junk you have at home and not just the mattress.
- Learn a few DO IT YOURSELF recycling ideas: There are ways in which you can recycle your mattress. Watch a few tutorials on internet and try a few DO IT YOURSELF projects.
Waste management has gained immense popularity in the recent times; landfill waste is no joke, especially now that we know about all the ugly things we have started facing (and the things our kids and the future generation will face) because of landfill waste. It is not something that can be overlooked upon. I don’t expect you to run behind everyone and tell them how to manage waste or share the ill effects of landfill waste with them; start doing your bit.
Here are the 7 easy ways for you to save things from landfill:
- Recycle, instead of dumping things: Don’t keep dumping things just because you have bought new ones; use them as much as you can. There are ways in which you can recycle every little thing that you have to go ahead and do it.
- Donate, instead of burning your old stuff: Burning causes different kinds of pollution so please don’t burn your junk. Instead, donate the good things so that they can be used by the ones who need them.
- Learn about companies like Junk Holler: Junk Holler is an amazing company for all those who wish to get rid of their junk in the correct way. They don’t believe in dumping the good things you label as junk; they make sure to clean it, make it usable and donate it as well. If you want to do a few good deeds instead of getting into the bad karma of landfill waste, call Junk Holler RIGHT AWAY!
- Reduce, if not stop, food wastage: Food wastage leads to landfill waste. Don’t get into wastage of food; cook as much as you wish to eat and fill your plate with as much hunger as you have in your belly. Don’t throw the food away.
- Instead of throwing away the food, keep the leftovers for next day: Refrigerate the leftover food so that you can eat it the very next day. If you live in a cold country, you can surely refrigerate the food for a longer period of time.
- Do not use plastic water bottles: Plastic water bottles can cause a lot of problems to the environment; if you are a plastic bottle lover, get rid of it.
- Don’t buy things that you don’t need: Buy things that you need and wish to use for a longer period of time so that you don’t have a lot of junk in future.
BOISE June 5, 2015 — Junk Holler has been selected for the 2015 Boise Award in the Junk and Scrap category by the Boise Award Program.
Each year, the Boise Award Program identifies companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and our community. These exceptional companies help make the Boise area a great place to live, work and play.
Various sources of information were gathered and analyzed to choose the winners in each category. The 2015 Boise Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the Boise Award Program and data provided by third parties.
About Boise Award Program
The Boise Award Program is an annual awards program honoring the achievements and accomplishments of local businesses throughout the Boise area. Recognition is given to those companies that have shown the ability to use their best practices and implemented programs to generate competitive advantages and long-term value.
The Boise Award Program was established to recognize the best of local businesses in our community. Our organization works exclusively with local business owners, trade groups, professional associations and other business advertising and marketing groups. Our mission is to recognize the small business community’s contributions to the U.S. economy.
SOURCE: Boise Award Program
Boise Award Program
Spring time in Idaho is well on it’s way – no doubt we’ll have a few cold snaps yet, but all in all the groundhog didn’t lie. With the natural cycle of things the post Winter clean up is nearly here, so whether you just want to tidy up to get the man cave ready for Summer or are going digging for buried treasure hiding in your garage here are some great tips for getting your garage in order!
Work on a Section at a Time.
If you have a ton of stuff piled up try to move some of it at least temporarily out of the garage while you work to open up more space. Once you have a little room pick a corner and start there. Some items will be of no use or value, old paper, etc – go ahead and designate a space or pile for “toss” items.
Organize As You Go.
While you work through items organize as you go. Put like items with other like items. Use boxes or plastic containers to group smaller items together into stackable columns. Think vertically; stack items up against walls to open up more floor space.
Love it or Lose it.
How do you know what to keep or what to get rid of? Ask yourself have I seen this item in five years? Have I used this item in two years? If the answer to either is no and it’s not an heirloom, tax, or business related…you may want to let it pass along.
Ready for the sale? Spend a little to make it easier – visit the local dollar store before your sale to get inexpensive items like pricing labels and poster board to make signs for you sale. Advertise online: social networks like twitter are especially good for getting localized interest built up.
Remember: whether it’s before the sale or after we can help you tame your clutter! If you’ve got junk, give us a holler!